What personal information do we collect from the people who use our services?
When you register for services on Rainpos.com (the “Website”), you may be asked for any of the following information:
- We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card details (we need this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, and invoice you).
- We collect data about the Rain-hosted webpages that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address (we need this information to give you access to and improve our Services)
- Upon completing the sign-up process for the Services, and depending on your location, we may create a Rain Payments account on your behalf. If you activate a Rain Payments account (applicable only to Canada, US, UK, and Australia merchants), we collect your business address, business type, business ID number, date of birth (if you are an individual business owner), bank account information and government-issued identification information, such as your Social Security Number or your Social Insurance Number or, alternatively, if you are Canadian merchant and elect not to provide your Social Insurance Number, a copy of your government-issued identification (we need this information to create a Rain Payments account for you, to provide you with Rain Payments services, including fraud and risk monitoring, and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.)
- We collect PII about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide while shopping or during checkout (we use this information to provide you with our Services and so that you can process orders and better serve your customers).
- We will also use PII in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When do we collect information?
We collect information when you register on our site, talk to one of our representatives, receive any of the Services, or fill out a form. We also collect information when you perform such activities as signing up for our newsletter, responding to a survey or marketing communication, surfing the Rainpos.com website, surfing other websites owned by Rain, or using certain other site features.
How do we use this information?
We may use your PII in the following ways:
- To verify and authenticate you to your Rainpos.com account.
- To personalize your user experience and to deliver the type of content and product offerings for which you are most interested.
- To help you better when responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your account or other products and services.
- To provide the Services we offer that require the exchange of PII or NPI (non-public personal information) inherent to the Services.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties except when doing so is necessary for us to perform the services we contract to do for you. Such as, we may share information with third parties who help us operate our website, conduct business, or offer you services, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How do we protect the information we collect?
We protect your PII in the following ways:
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, known vulnerabilities, and malware (software designed to interfere with the normal functions of a computer or computer system). This helps make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is saved on secure networks and is accessible only to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply via the Rain website is encrypted both on disk and via Secure Socket Layer (SSL/TLS) technology in communication.
- We implement a variety of security measures when you enter, submit, or access your information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
For your convenience, we may store selected financial transaction information for more than 60 days so that we can expedite future e-recording requests or other services and fees, and to automate the billing process.
We understand that there are laws in the United States and other countries that protect PII. We will implement privacy or data protection policies and procedures that comply with applicable law and this Policy. We will not use PII other than for the purposes for which it was originally given.
What is a cookie?
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use web beacons, tracking technology and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
When do we disclose information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties except when doing so is necessary for us to perform the services we contract to do for you. Such as, we may share information with third parties who help us operate our website, provide payment processing services, conduct business, or offer you services, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information to comply with the law; enforce our site policies; or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personal identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do use third party payment processing services. Such services may collect your business address, business type, business ID number, date of birth (if you are an individual business owner), shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address and device data, bank account information and government-issued identification information, such as your Social Security Number. However, such third party payment processers do not share this information with us. Thus, any rights, duties and obligations regarding your PII that is shared with such providers is the responsibility of said providers.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website. However, we do use third party services and product providers for products and services embedded into our products and services. For a list of such third party providers, please contact us.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to gather information about website usage and user behavior for statistical purposes and to help us better understand how our customers use our website.
You can use the Google Analytics Opt Out browser add-on to opt out of participating in this statistic gathering.
What do we do with your PII when you terminate your relationship with us?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your PII for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
What if there’s a data breach?
In alignment with fair information practices, if a data breach occurs, we will notify you via email, as well as on our website, within seven (7) business days of our identifying the breach.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address so that we can send you information and respond to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
- To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading header information, email subjects, or email addresses.
- We will identify a reasonable way advertisements are sent as email.
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters in our emails.
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will include a link at the bottom of each email that lets you opt out of receiving email from us.
You can also contact us to unsubscribe from any and all email correspondence. We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Control and access to your PII
You retain all rights to your PII and can access it anytime. In addition, Rain takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your PII. You can update many types of PII directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your PII within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your PII, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your PII or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how Rain processes your personal data, please contact Rain by email at privacy@Rainpos.com, or by using the contact details below:
Phone: (385) 274-0569
Fax: (801) 437-1178
Address: 554 W. 1200 N., Springville, UT 84663